hahabogus

Default Sherry substitute in recipe?

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> Lululemon wrote:
>> Here's a recipe I found on Epicurous...I don't have Sherry and can't
>> imagine buying any just for a recipe

> (snip)
>> Thanks, Melanie
>>

> You can probably find a small bottle of sherry, doesn't have to be
> expensive. Then if you find you like the beef & broccoli recipe
> you'll have it handy to use again. Doesn't require refrigeration or
> special storage. Go for it!
>
> Jill

Booze is taxed to the max in Canada. I buy 1 or 2 large bottles of Sherry a
year for cooking purposes. It takes a long time for sherry to go bad. And a
cheaper but nice tasting large bottle of sherry can cost as low as 8-10
bucks Canadian. Sherry works well in most soup, gravies and chinese dishes
by the way. I spend more on black peppercorns in a year than I spend on
sherry. Go mad and buy the sherry.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.