Joe Sallustio

I don't have any trouble with mine but I had a cheap one that was
terrible. Calibrate it against store bought wine. Your kit is higher
than 5% if it tastes right.

I fill mine to 3/4 full,
flip it over and let 6 drops drain.
I read the bottom of the meniscus.

I clean it out with grain alcohol after each use, that is important. I
also make sure it's completely dry before reusing.

Joe