TwoTon

Default Help: Beans in Chili Not Soft

I've been trying for years to get my red beans (pinto) as soft and tasty
as Momma used to make for us to take to the cotton patch for lunch.
Finally succeeded. Soak them, overnite if you can otherwise 2-3 hours
in warm water. Then slow cook for at least a few hours. I use a slow
cooker and sometimes just let it go all night. It don't hurt to have
the chili in then too as it only gets better.