Wooly

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:59:55 GMT, Randall Nortman
> spewed forth :

>I've been baking whole-grain sourdough bread for years, but due to
>requests by friends I have recently been playing with 100% white flour
>sourdough. I started by converting my whole-wheat starter to white
>flour, using bread flour to feed it because I intended to use bread
>flour (KA brand) to make the actual dough, and I figure I ought to
>feed the starter with the same stuff I intend it to feed on in the
>dough. Plus, I figured the diastatic barley flour would help the
>critters break down the starches.

I'm using King Arthur AP to feed my starter, tho I do bake with 100%
freshly ground wheat flour. I've tried other brands of AP for
maintenance with disappointing results.

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...