Kate

> So. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations for dishes
> (with or without recipes - mostly looking for suggestions atm)
> that would stand up to judging after possibly sitting
> around for an hour or more after being taken out of the oven?

Hi Vicky,
How about a veg. pie/flan/quiche? Here's a recipe for my favourite (torn out
of a magazine years ago), tastes great and added bonus the pastry is really
easy and actually works. I've eaten it hot, lukewarm and cold.

Tomato and lentil pie

4oz leeks
6oz polyunsat. marg. (2 oz frying, 4 oz pastry)
6oz red lentils
1 clove garlic
18 fl.oz stock
2 tomatoes, chopped
tsp basil
tabs lemon juice
2 eggs
s+p
8 oz plain white flour
2 oz cheddar

Filling:
Wash and chop leeks, fry in 2 oz marg.
Add lentils and crushed garlic, cook 1-2 min.
Add stock, bring to boil, half-cover, simmer 20 min./until lentils cooked.
Let cool a bit.
Add tomatoes, herbs, lemon juice, 1 egg, + seasoning

Pastry:
Sift flour into bowl, cut in 4oz marg with fork until mixture resembles
breadcrumbs.
Stir in finely grated cheese.
Add half an egg and approx. 3 tabs water to form soft dough.
Chill 15 mins.

Use 2/3 of pastry to line 8inch flan dish.
Spoon in cooled lentil mixture and level off.
Cover with remaining pastry, seal edges well.
Glaze with remaining egg.

Back at 200c/400f/Gas mark 6 for about 40 mins.