Kate Connally

Andy wrote:

> ravinwulf > wrote in
> :
>
> > On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 20:30:46 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> > wrote:

> >>It's pre-prepared sweetened whipping cream, in the U.S. available in
> >>the freezer case for convenient quick thawing and usage. Take heavy
> >>(whole) cream and whip it to a thick consistency with sugar added to
> >>sweeten it and you'll have the same thing only better Sorry I
> >>don't have measurements for you.

> > I'm pretty sure the stuff isn't actually dairy in nature; it's more
> > like faux whipped cream. Dream Whip comes in packets in a dry form;
> > you whip it with 2% milk to make the topping. Cool Whip comes frozen.
> > Real whipped cream will substitute for the stuff though, and taste
> > much better.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tracy R.

> But... but... Reddi-Wip whipped-cream is fat free, has propulsion and
> is, if I might add, terribly fun in a variety of circumstances.

Redi-whip is not the same thing as Cool-whip and Dream-whip.
Redi-whip is real cream in a pressurized can that you can
squirt onto things. The original is made with very low butterfat
cream but there is now a heavier cream version. The OP was
asking about Cool-whip which is a fake whipped cream which
comes ready to use in the freezer section of the supermarket.
Dream-whip is a powdered substance that you reconstitute into
a fake whipped cream.

Kate