jeff

"Alireza" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> What if i use Baker's yeast instead of Wine yeast ?
> i know that you say "buy wine yeast, it's cheap"; but in my country
> don't sale wine equipments , even air lock and other things.
> i can only find bread yeast.
> will be very bad ? or the result will be same as wine yeast?

If I had to choose between bread yeast and spontaneous fermentation with
wild yeast, I'd choose the wild.

Wild yeast has its own challenges and pitfalls, but between the two, you'll
be more likely to end up with something that still tastes like wine.

after all, before winemakers started coming up with cultured yeast, EVERYONE
who made wine for thousands of years before that, let it ferment on wild
yeast.

Can't be all bad, right?

In the absence of cultured yeast your wine will still make itself. I think
it will still taste better than with bread yeast.

Jeff