Tom

I just found this on the net. It agrees with your comments

PULSE

puls (zero'-im (Dan 1:12 margin, "herbs"), zere'onim (Dan 1:16);
compare zerua`, "sowing seed" (Lev 11:37), and zeru'im, "things sown"
(Isa 61:11)): (1) In Dan 1:12,16, it must mean herbs or vegetables
grown from seeds; a vegetable diet is what is implied. (2) In 2 Sam
17:28, "pulse" after "parched" is not in the original, but is probably
more correct than the translation in (1), as "pulse" usually implies
leguminous plants, peas, beans, etc.

Thank you for your comments.

Tom

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 06:11:04 +1000, Richard Wright