.

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Ida Slapter wrote:

> On 29 Jun 2005 06:34:43 +0200, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
> >I have used the following recipe many times and it never fails. I don't
> >think it's overly sweet and it has a wonderful texture.
> >
> > * Exported from MasterCook *
> >
> > Fluffy White Frosting

> Here is another variation that is just like whipped cream. Light and
> fluffy.
>
> Boiled Frosting
>
> Frostings
>
> 1 cup milk
> 4 tablespoon flour
> 3/4 cup butter
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
>
> Mix flour and milk over medium heat until it forms a paste. Let cool.
>
> Mix butter and sugar together then beat in cooled flour and milk
> mixture. This will take 10 minutes, at least, until no sugar granules
> can be felt between fingers. Add vanilla.
>
> Yield: 1 batch

Hmm, looking at the ingredients I wouldn't have expected this to be light
and fluffy. Looks like I'll need to make two cakes in the near future.

Both your and Wayne look good. They are all ingredients I have on hand all
the time. The stabilized whipped cream I make is a bother. I can never
seem to find the right cream for the job. Regular cream is too thin,
whipping cream is full of things other than just cream and English double
cream is too fatty.

In my area there is Loblaws PC Heavy Cream (brand made specifically for
the Loblaws store). It is perfect for making whipped cream frosting.
Unfortunately, it is always sold out. No additives or preservatives so you
can buy it and keep it around.