Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 16 Jun 2005 07:00:47p, LynneA wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
>> On Thu 16 Jun 2005 06:49:59p, Damsel wrote in rec.food.cooking:
>>
>>> Call me a rebel, but I wouldn't measure it at all. Dump and mix, dump
>>> and mix until it's the consistency you want. If it gets too thick, add
>>> a little liquid (milk, cream, coffee, etc.) until it's spreadable
>>> again.
>>>
>>> Carol
>>>

>> Okay, you're a rebel! On the few occasions when I've used the "dump and
>> mix" method of making frosting, I've ended up with about three times as
>> much frosting as I needed. :-)
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright *¿*
>>
>> Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
>> Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

> And that's bad, WHY exactly?? LOLOL
>
> Lynne A

I didn't say it was bad, but it should be accounted for in some recipes.
For example, it's an advantage when used in meringues for pies. It helps
to stabilize the meringue. In frosting it's not really an issue. If you
use it to sweeten beverages, it usually imparts a cloudiness to the liquid.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974