Sheldon

Andy wrote:
> Wondering about substituting powdered instead of granulated sugar in a
> cream cheese frosting recipe.
>
> Do they measure the same for volume? The recipe calls for 1 cup
> granulated.

Are you sure about a cream cheese frosting recipe calling for
granulated... I'd be very suspicious... are you sure you read that
correctly?

Naturally you can substitute granulated for powdered equally by weight.
I think you can substitute 2 1/2 cups powdered for one cup granulated,
but this is not very accurate as granulated sugars are not always the
same volume by weight, neither are powdered for that matter.. it's best
to use a scale, unless you buy both sugars in equal weight packages....
granulated sugar does come in a one pound box too.

Sheldon