Wayne Boatwright

On Sat 04 Jun 2005 11:08:20p, wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I have an airtight plastic bread box. Storing cornbread in it causes
> mold in 2 or 3 days. What should I store cornbread in?

Cornbread is usually very moist bread, yet if stored open to the air will dry
very quickly. Mold spores occur naturally in the air. Storing a very moist
bread at room temperature in a tightly sealed container makes for a perfect
breeding ground for the mold. I would wrap individual portions in plastic
wrap and freeze. This will preserve the moisture and freshness. Thaw and
warm just before eating.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974