Chris

"Chris" > wrote in message
news:vy4ne.10097$qJ3.3028@trnddc05...

> I've got leftover rare flank steak and pork tenderloin from this
> weekend....too much to eat in the next few days. Can I freeze the
> flank steak in any fashion? I could make some chili to freeze (pork
> and beef), and we could just OD on the steak this week...sandwiches on
> baguettes with herbed goat cheese, etc. one night, stir fry another
> night, fajita/burrito type things another...but if anybody has a
> better idea (and you usually do!), I would love to hear it!

I ended up making non-authentic
beans-and-tomatoes-so-go-ahead-and-shoot-me chili with the leftover
flank steak and pork tenderloin.

Sauteed some chopped onion, added spices (commercial chili powder,
cumin, garlic powder, Mexican oregano, dried ground chipotle, a little
cinnamon, some paprika) and a 1/2 a can of petite dice tomatoes in juice
(I love the petite diced tomatoes!). Simmered that a while, then added
the steak and pork (chopped up), plus a can of drained and rinsed black
beans. Simmered a while longer....and it was quite good! The meat
stayed nice and tender. Both the steak and the pork had been rubbed
with various spice rubs, but they blended well w/ the other spices, and
it ended up being a very tasty meal.

Chris