aem

Renee wrote:
> [snip]
> What I like to do instead is plan for a first night's meal and a
> second night's meal somehow using the left-overs. [snip]
>
> Does anyone have any similar first and second night meal plans they
> often use? I'm always looking for ideas ... [snip]

By far our most frequent use of leftovers is for fried rice. You can
throw almost anything into it. Aside from that, we like chicken a la
king from leftover roast chicken, as well as chunky chicken noodle soup
if I've also made chicken stock. Meatloaf, of course, is better for
sandwiches the second day than it is hot the first time around.
Especially in the summertime, cold sandwiches with a salad and a hot
side dish or soup are good uses of leftover roast beef and corned beef
and roast pork.