LenS

On 4 May 2005 17:51:04 -0700, " >
wrote:

>Mold them into shape with a cookie or biscuit cutter, or a cleaned tuna
>can with top and bottm cut out. Set them in the freezer on a flat
>sheet to harden, then wrap tightly in plastic. and return to freezer.
>It looks like freezing individual hamburger patties.
>
>I use the same method for freezing salmon or liver pate, to pull out
>individual servings, although the seafood suffers a bit in the freezer.
>

>Some day I need to look up what polenta is. It seems to be this week's
>comparison topic.

Thanks for the freezing tips.

Polenta is a European dish made from boiled yellow cornmeal, popular
in Italy, I believe, made somewhat like good old cornmeal mush.

While I'm no expert (I'm just learning my way around polenta) it is
made from yellow cornmeal and served with lunch or dinner as a sort of
vegetable, having been flavored with various ingredients including
onion, garlic, other vegetables or sometimes meat products. It's also
served simply with butter.

Thanks,

-Len