Sheryl Rosen

rmg at wrote on 4/29/05 10:30 PM:

> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> (I know this is probably more topical to one of the restaurant groups,
>> but there's so much more traffic here I'm hoping someone will have a
>> brilliant idea.)
>>
>> I've got a client who is selling prepared foods at the local farmer's
>> market. She's asked for help in determining her costs. First we
>> fiddled around with Excel, which works but is cumberson for the
>> features she wants. So I found her some recipe costing software (Ipro,
>> which is cheap enough that even if it doesn't work well it's a good
>> deal), which they loved based on the sales literature. Then she says
>> "Does it matter if I have a Mac?"

> You might look into Windows emulation software for the Mac.
> Two that come to mind are SoftWindows and VirtualPC.

Had you kept reading you would have noted that the OP clearly stated that
Windows emulation software was not an option, they prefer not to use it.
Of course, no self-respecting Mac owner would use Windows emulator software
unless it were absolutely necessary.

Think about that concept: Windows Emulation software on a Mac.

Windows is a direct "emulation" of the Mac Graphical User Interface.
So if you loaded Windows emulation software on a Mac, you'd be emulating
something that emulates the Mac OS. Huh? Why bother?