Boron Elgar

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:12:02 GMT, cathy >
wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 20:18:50 -0400, Boron Elgar
> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:41:24 GMT, cathy >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>When I was a kid the only salami we ever bought was Hebrew National
>>>kosher salami.
>>>
>>>When you go to the deli counter in the market these days there is a
>>>mind-boggling array of salamis <sp?> and sausages. Does anyone know
>>>what type/style of salami/sausage would be closest in flavor and
>>>texture to a kosher salami?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Cathy

>>The closest you will get to it in most markets is Hebrew National or
>>Best's.
>>

>I guess I wasn't clear. I know what all the different brands of kosher
>salami are. What I meant was what kind of salami that =isn't= a kosher
>salami might come the closest in taste and texture to a kosher salami.
>Italian salami? Genoa salami? Summe sausage? Or one of the dozens of
>other varieties I see in the deli case?
>
>Cathy

I cannot think of any.

You might actually want to experiment a bit with varieties of
kielbasa, if you can find a good Polish deli. Try one of the garlic
kielbasas. It won't be exactly the same as a kosher salami, but it
might remind you of one and it'll be damn good, nevertheless.

Boron