The Ranger

Default Slowcooking a WHOLE turkey

Vox Humana > wrote in message
> > > "Turkey might need to be cut into smaller piece"

> > It is a 6 quart *oval* slow cooker if that helps any.

[snip]

> I think that the issue with the bird remaining in the danger
> zone between 40F and 140F for too long is a real consideration.

Of the nine slow cooker/crockpot books I have, _six_ recommend against
cooking whole fowl (even Cornish game hens) because of safety issues
regarding temperatures.

You aren't saving anything (time, money, or product) by cooking a whole bird
in the slow cooker. Unless you _want_ to get sick, think about an
alternative cooking method.

The Ranger