Ginny Sher

On 20 Mar 2005 07:37:57 -0800, "sf" > wrote:

>It's precooked? Sometimes you just want to heat and eat, so it sounds
>like an acceptable alternative to a tacqueria (especially if there
>isn't one in your area).
>
>````````````````````````````
>
>Ginny Sher wrote:
>> Hi, group.
>>
>> Disclaimer: I am no expert on carnitas. I only know that I like what
>> I've had in restaurants and in Mexico.
>>
>> That being said, I bought a package of carnitas from Costco on a

>whim.
>> I took it home and heated it up per instructions on the package,
>> warmed a couple of yellow corn tortillas, added some chopped avocado,
>> sprinkled some grated cheese and salsa picante over that. It's took
>> about 6 minutes from start to finish. Mexican comfort food. Yum.
>>
>> The carnitas was great, imo. It had lots of flavor, the meat easily
>> separated and had good texture. Mostly, it just tasted damn good.

>I'd
>> buy it again.
>>
>> Ginny

Yes, it's precooked. I should have mentioned that. It says to nuke 4
minutes, then rest for 2 minutes. Easy as can be...

The salsa I recently bought at Trader Joe's was also pretty good for a
store bought brand. Generally, I dislike those because they taste
funny to me. Maybe it's the preservatives they use.