usual suspect

<...>
> The fact that very few studies have been done to verify that
> microwaving foods is harmless seriously concerns me.

Very few studies verify the safety of ANY thing, including getting out
of bed on one side as opposed to the other. Microwaves are just
electromagnetic energy. It's like sunlight and radio waves. Are you also
afraid of the sun or listening to the radio?

> Those few studies
> that have been done point to frightening conclusions that seriously
> concern me.

Such as...? And are you reading the actual studies or second-hand
reporting of them by biased (and possibly ignorant) parties?

> In the absence of any preponderance of scientific evidence verifying
> the safety of microwaving foods, I will avoid using that cooking
> methodology. It is not a method of cooking that is of absolute
> necessity, nor will it be much, if any, of an inconvenience to not make
> use of it.
>
> Better safe than sorry.

That's what people used to say (and based on the same unfounded
arguments!) about automobiles, airplanes, indoor plumbing, and (egads!)
computers. You'd be better off learning the simple mechanics of
microwave ovens and a little of the science behind it and throwing off
that Luddite label.