adm

Nice one - cheers Pete.

I was already thinking about a 12 hour+ cook at around 200 or so....

But your comment on the skin is really interesting. How do you get it away
from the flesh ? I'm thinking using my hand where possible (just sliding
between the skin and flesh, through that fat layer), and a small
flensing/boning knife where you need it. A nice bit of rub in the fat there
would be awesome.

Now the real question - what do you cook in/on ? I don't really want to
build a full pig sized smoker for this, so was thinking more of digging a
pit, mounting the pig on some kind of rack (don't have the detail on this
yet...) and maybe covering with an arched piece of corrugated steel. I'll
probably use apple and cherry wood for this as the place I will be holding
the party has lots of nicely seasoned wood available....might throw in a few
firebricks for heat retention too. I'd light a big old fire in there, let it
burn well down then top up with more coals as necessary...