Kenneth

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:56:39 GMT, Charles Perry
> wrote:

>> " wrote:
>> >
>> > Oh well -- I wish to hell someone made some affordable steam/misting
>> > ovens that worked
>> >

>I forgot to mention the Hearthkit. It is a ceramic oven insert
>that claims to mimic a stone oven. If it works, a Hearthkit in a
>GE is a lot cheaper than a Wolf. I am a little leary of the thing
>because of all the bread cook book authors that seemingly endorse
>the contraption. However, I am still curious, as long as I could
>satisfy the curiosity with somebody elses $200. Maybe someone
>could buy one and report back the performance. The frugal folk
>would appreciate it.
>
>Regards
>
>Charles
>Charles Perry
>Reply to:
>
>** A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand **

Hi Charles,

I am not certain that we are talking about the same brand,
but, if so, here's a (much) less costly route:

Just buy a bunch of firebricks. Stand them up in an arc that
allows for a loaf to be put in the center.

That provides the heated mass that we seek, costs only a few
bucks, and can easily be removed at any time.

All the best,

--
Kenneth