Mac

www.gaggenau.com

> -Scott

Well, I have a Wolf oven/range. It doesn't have marked thermostat settings
below 150 F, but it still works all the way down to room temperature.
I've been thinking about adding my own marks below 150.

For example, sometimes when I am in a hurry, I let my loaves rise in the
oven. I turn the dial up slowly until I hear the switch click, then I back
off just a touch, and leave it there. If I am not in a hurry, I let the
loaves rise at room temp.

The Wolf also has a convection fan, which I always use whenever I bake
anything at all.

One thing about the Wolf (and probably any other high-BTU gas oven) is
that since it burns a lot of gas in a hurry, it also puts a lot of
humidity and exhaust gas into the kitchen. So a good exhaust fan is
mandatory. After the pre-heat phase is over, it is not so bad, and I
usually turn off the exhaust fan.

The Wolf is still a very expensive oven. If it had been up to me, I would
have bought a kitchen-aid or something, but my wife loves the red knobs on
the Wolf.

--Mac