Ribitt

Default Cooking prime rib, with turning oven off to cook

"Doug Weller" > wrote in message
. ..
> On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 17:42:06 -0600, Alan wrote:
>
> > On 31 Dec 2003 22:57:13 GMT, ospam (Over40pirate)
> > wrote:
> >
> >>I am looking for a recipe for cooking prime rib, by pre heating the oven

> >>something like 500 deg, then putting the prime rib in, and turning the

oven
> >>off, for a set length of time. I saw the recipe for this, but can't

remember
> >>the times, and temp. Any help here?
> >>Thanks to all and have a happy new year, Kathy

Another variation which has worked well for me - as recently as New Year's
Eve

* Exported from MasterCook *

Ann Seranne's Perfect Rare Rib Roast of Beef

Recipe By :Nika Hazelton
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Beef

1 Rib Roast -- trimmed and short ribs removed
Flour
Salt and Pepper -- to taste

Remove the roast from the refrigerator 2 1/2 to 4 hours before cooking.
Preheat
the oven to 500. This should take about 20 minutes and is essential. Place
roast, fat side up, in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle lightly with the
flour
and rub flour lightly into fat with fingers. Lightly rub in a little salt
and
pepper. Put roast in preheated oven. Roast according to the following time
chart.
4 1/2 to 5 pounds: 25-30 minutes (2 ribs)
8 to 9 pounds: 40-45 minutes (3 ribs)
11 to 12 pounds: 55-60 minutes (4 ribs)

Time exactly and do not open the oven door at any time.
Allow the finished roast to remain in the oven until the oven has cooled
to lukewarm (about 2 hours).
Roast will be brown and crunchy on the outside and have an internal heat
that will suitable for serving as long as 2-4 hours after taking out of
the oven, as long as it is kept in a warm place. A large roast will keep
the internal heat longer than a small one.
Make the gravy when you finally take the roast out of the oven.

Description Different, very successful, and painless way to cook a rib
roast."