Ribitt

"Garrett Fulton" > wrote in message
>I was wondering if anyone has tried drying green bell peppers to preserve
> them. I getting very tired of the ridiculous prices for these in winter.
> I've got a high vacuum pump and a bell jar and can completely desiccate
> them. Just would like to know if the drying method has worked okay for
> anyone else before I start.
>
> Thanks,
> Garrett Fulton

Green peppers freeze quite well. Cut them into 1" (25 mm) squares, or
whatever. Freeze them on a cookie sheet then pack them away. They don't
clump together this way.

And dehydrating in a convection oven at 140 or 150 F works, but you end up
with shrivelled up chunks, high in flavour, but with a dark colour. The
texture is "leathery".

What's your end use? In a soup or a chili the frozen chunks have always
worked well for me and they don't have to be rehydrated.