zxcvbob

Garrett Fulton wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has tried drying green bell peppers to preserve
> them. I getting very tired of the ridiculous prices for these in winter.
> I've got a high vacuum pump and a bell jar and can completely desiccate
> them. Just would like to know if the drying method has worked okay for
> anyone else before I start.
>
> Thanks,
> Garrett Fulton

I dried a bunch of green peppers from my garden last fall -- not bells,
but similar. I diced them, blanched them, then dried them with a
dehydrator. It's rather alarming how much they shrink. I have never
tried it using just a vacuum pump and a bell jar; it sounds very
inefficient considering how much moisture the peppers contain.

Best regards,
Bob