Wayne Boatwright

On Sun 06 Feb 2005 04:10:20p, Dave Tuchlinsky wrote in rec.food.equipment:

> We are looking to purchase an electric range and the model we selected
> has a "Hidden Bake Element" (the bake element is hidden under to floor
> of the oven). A salesman warned us that they take 20 minutes longer to
> preheat the oven. Does anyone have experience with a hidden element?
> Does it increase preheating time? Effect cooking?

Yes, the preheat is a bit longer. Though I've never timed it, I don't think
it was 20 minuets. Maybe more like 15. IMHO, the heat radiating from the
oven floor is mor even than from an exposed element. The overall temperature
in the oven seems to vary less over the on/off heating cycle. The range I've
experienced this with is a GE.

Wayne