Katra

In article >,
Tony P. > wrote:

> In article >,
> says...
> > In article . com>,
> > "nancree" > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, Katra,
> > > I'm interested in your method of saving avocados with your Tilia. But
> > > I'm unclear on one point--"they stayed green" means you removed them
> > > from the outer peel, and the inside (edible part) stayed green, right?
> > > Not the whole avocado, still in the peel.
> > > Thanks, Nancree
> > >

> > Right. :-)
> > You know how avocados turn brown and icky when you peel them.....
> >
> > These I cut in half, removed the seed and scooped them out with a large
> > spoon into the tilia bag, (I put 6 halves in each bag) then vacuum
> > sealed them. They are residing in the refrigerator and appear to be
> > staying good with no additives. It's been 4 days now.
> >
> > I got the idea from our local grocery store. They sell some ready to eat
> > peeled vacuum packed avocados in the refrigerated produce section.

> Ait, or more accurately oxygen is the enemy of most fruits and
> vegetables. By evacuating as much of the air as you can the avocados
> don't get a chance to turn brown, or oxidize.
>
> Oxygen is natures great corrosive. Water isn't far behind.

Yeppers... ;-)
Those Asparagus I packed have been in there now for 5 days and there is
no sign of rot.

Man, they really got well evacuated too! The plastic is really tight.
I want to make more jerky and pack it with dessicants. I had to toss a
lot of my venison and emu jerky. :-( It got moldy........

All that work down the drain!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day.