Katra

Default The great Avocado experiment... (Tilia)

Ok, got a bunch of old avocados cheap the other day... (free,
they came in a box of lettuce leaves I got for the chickens!)

I ended up composting about 50 of them, but 21 were salvagable.
Obviously I could not leave them in their peels, they'd have finished
going bad in no time!

I've been putting off getting a Tilia for a long time now, so finally
bought one.

Vacuum sealed 3 per bag in 7 bags.

It's been 4 days now and they are still nice and green. :-) No turning
brown.

Cool.

Dad's over-shopped for fresh produce this week also, so I took the two
beautiful bunches of asparagus that he bought and "foodsaved" those as
well. You know how quickly the tips of those tend to spoil, even at 40
degrees! The packing is working well and they look as fresh as the day
he bought them. :-)

I've done a lot of repackaging of stuff in the freezer this week.

This is going to be great........

Does anyone else use this thing to expand the life of fresh produce?????
What kind of luck have you had? I'm betting this would work really
really well for pre-peeled garlic cloves!

Kat

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

As we go through life thinking heavy thoughts, thought particles
tend to get caught between the ears causing truth decay- so be sure
to use mental floss twice a day.