pavane

Default Cooking prime rib, with turning oven off to cook

"Curt Nelson" > wrote in message
> I still fail to understand why anyone would cook a standing rib roast with
> any method other than simply measuring the internal temperature.
>
> There really isn't a need (that I can see) to use esoteric calculations

when
> all you need to do is stick a thermometer in it.

Because the slower methods turn out variably-done meat,
from well done on the outsides and edges to more rare on
the inside.

The high temp method (500 degree oven, 5 minutes
per pound) yields a uniformly medium rare roast from about
one-quarter inch inside the edges to the center. That's why.

pavane