Chris Neidecker

"channeltool" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi, Me and my husband recently purchased a diner which we are
> renovating and turning into a deli/cafe. We have been researching
> different meat companies such as Dietz & Watson, Thumans and Boars
> head. We want a deli meat with quality, familiarity and lots of flavor.
> We decided on one but would like the opinion of those who really love
> their deli sandwiches. Please tell us your experiences with these meats
> and your preference.
> Thanks

I haven't had Thumans or Boars Head (not that I know of, anyway), but I am
always happy with the Dietz & Watson deli meats and franks that I buy at the
supermarket. I am not real picky about MSG vs. not. I've never thought
about it relative to deli meat. Would rather not have it, but I don't
actively seek out places that avoid it.

Besides the meat, good bread is important. For everyday purposes, I like to
stick with some kind of whole grain bread. Not "wheat" bread, but actual
100% whole wheat bread a multigrain bread that has little or no white flour
in it. Hard to find at cafes I go to! If there's no whole grain bread,
then I hope for something else worthwhile -- a really good focaccia or
baguette. Otherwise, rye or a roll.

And spreads -- have at least one interesting spread, beyond the usual
mayo/mustard. Chipotle mayo, a red pepper spread, pesto mayonnaise,
something like that.

Good luck!