Scott

In article >,
Siobhan Perricone > wrote:

> Mayo is one of those things that is hard to make, not simple (even with
> Alton's help in explaining the details on it . It breaks easily, and is
> nowhere near as stable or long-lasting as the stuff you get at the store.
> So you can't whip up a large batch of it with confidence and let it sit
> around in you fridge for when you need it. You have to make it every time
> you need it. That's prohibitive to most people who have a lot to do in
> their busy lives.

Come again? I've made it a bunch of times and always found it easy to
do. I've never had it break down, despite using a single batch for about
two weeks (starting with pasteurized eggs). I end up tossing it--not
because it breaks down or goes bad, but because I don't use mayo all
that often and I'm just being careful.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

<http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/>