Siobhan Perricone

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:52:47 +1300, Daisy > wrote:

>Just make your own. The manufacturers put all sorts of awful things
>in these products.

Mayo is one of those things that is hard to make, not simple (even with
Alton's help in explaining the details on it . It breaks easily, and is
nowhere near as stable or long-lasting as the stuff you get at the store.
So you can't whip up a large batch of it with confidence and let it sit
around in you fridge for when you need it. You have to make it every time
you need it. That's prohibitive to most people who have a lot to do in
their busy lives.

There's nothing wrong with finding ways to cut corners, and your feelings
about the taste of store bought mayo aren't necessarily universal, either.
I happen to like Hellman's mayo.

all. I'm up in Vermont.

--
Siobhan Perricone