Expletive Deleted

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 wrote:

> In rec.food.drink.beer Randal > wrote:
>
> : be extremely happy to be proven wrong. Outside of Old Chicago where the
> : food is barely edible and the beer selection seems pretty good upon
> : first inspection but is really just a lot of ho-hum choices the only
> : places I can think of that do not fit my initial description are
> : Kinfolks in Manitou and The Stagecoach which only has three taps but at
> : least they are Oasis instead of Bristol.
>
> Old Chicago has over 115 beers available - you call that "ho-hum"? Now
> I know it's _you_ that has the problem, not the C. Springs beer scene.

C'mon.
Old Chicago sucks ass.
115 beers, 85 of them are variants of the same old light lagers, but ooh,
there's one from China!
The rest are very commonly available things like Samuel Smiths, Sierra
Nevada, Anchor, etc. Not to say those beers are slouches, but when you go
into a real beer bar, you often find yourself gasping at seeing a few
things on tap that you've only read about, and never thought you'd get to
drink.
Not to at Old Chicago. (not to mention their ice cold servings and frosty
mugs)