Yes your first guess was right the ERC does control just the oven and
timer. If you will notice you have a sensor in the oven. This sensor
reads the temp and gives that data back to the ERC. The ERC then can
control the elements monitoring the set temp. If there is an error in
the computer module there are no built in bypasses. The upside is you
get more accurate temperature monitoring and reap a more energy
efficent range. The downside you have less longevity. Even with
beeping you can use burners but yes to get rid of irritating sound you
can unplug ERC. Most likely you have a spark module that controls the
burners on a gas range or if electric the power goes directly to the
burner switches on the front which then thru resistance feeds the
burner elements. I hope this helps.
wrote:
> Jordan Zimmer > wrote:
> > The ERC is faulty and the technician quoted me a total cost of $290

> > that the part has to specially ordered from Frigidaire, which he

said might
> > take up to 2-3 weeks, provided that they have the part in stock. I

guess
> > I'll be using our barbecue and microwave a lot <g>. I've left the

stove
> > unplugged because the constant beeping was terribly annoying. Brad

was

> I know this is a little late to ask, but the ERC on my stove just

seems
> to control the oven and timer. Is it possible to have the module

unplugged