-L.

Lou Vincze wrote:
> Hi gang!
>
> I purchased a 2-pack of Tyson frozen cornish hens. It says to clean

them
> before cooking. I"ve never prepared them before. How exactly >do I

clean
> them?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Lou

I just wash them really well with water, removing any pin feathers. I
then remove the kidneys that are along the back end of the back bone -
in from the tail. Otherwise the meat in that area is gamy. I rub with
oil and spices (pepper, garlic and onion powder, chili powder, or some
other spices that seem good) put in a pan with about 3/4 inch of water,
and roast at 325 - start at 400 - roast unclovered for 20 minutes,
cover the pan with foil (vented slightly) and roast at 325 for about an
hour. During the last half hour of cooking, I baste them every 20
mintes or so.

-L.