Katra

In article .com>,
wrote:

> I am thinking about buying a new set of Cast Iron Cookware . I am
> completely new to this. I want to get a good brand, not too heavy,
> affordable set. Any ideas ?

GRISWOLD!!! :-)

But you won't find it new.
I got most of mine on ebay.

And it was well worth every dime I spent for it......

Antique pans = usually already well seasoned.

Griswold is MUCH lighter in weight than most modern cast iron,
has a smoother finish and is just, well, superior in my personal
experience.

Lodge is the most common. I had a lodge pan when I was a senior in
college and had my first apt. on my own.

Hated the piece of crap!

I'd been spoiled by mom's Griswolds!

It ain't inexpensive but since cast iron lasts for generations, it's a
once in a lifetime investment!

Don't get the cheapest you can, get the best you can afford!!!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...