Dave Smith

Pixmedia wrote:

> Hi -
> I missed putting into the fridge a slender package of prosciutto (cured ham).
> It was in the shopping bag overnight. What does anyone think? Can I use it
> still? It says keep refridgerated of course, but it is tightly vacuum sealed
> and it is cured...

I used to live next door to an Italian grocery store and used to see moldy
looking things hanging from hooks at the butcher counter. That is where I
discovered Prosciutto. That stuff is well preserved with sugar and salt. They
only thing that I would be worried about would be if they had been left open, in
which case they would still be safe to eat, but dried out and the texture of
jerky.