John213a

<< Thank you very much Scott. After printing out and reading your receipt it
made me remember that one of the ingredients in the recipe I use to have was
yeast. Do you know anything about a Rumtopf/Rum-pot or Drunken Fruit recipe
with yeast? Thanks again for your help. >><BR><BR>

I think that you are both speaking of different processes. Scott said that 108
proof rum is necessary and from Brewing, I know that yeast cannot exist above
15% alcohol or 30 proof, therefore yeast and 108 proof cannot be part of the
same recipe. In fact to get a "sweet" fruit wine, usually a brandy of the same
wine is added in the fermentation process before the yeast can convert all the
fruit sugars to alcohol, thus both stopping the working of the yeast and
increasing the level of alcohol in the final product. This is why a Port is
higher in alcohol (often 20%) than regular wine (usually around 12%) Scott's
recipe sounds fun to make, but if you are looking for a drunken fruit that has
Yeast in the process, you need to keep looking.