DrinkBoy

> So what's the difference? Are they the same, or not?

--------------------------

It had been my understanding that Rose's Lime Cordial is what they call
it in the UK, and that the same product is simply referred to as Rose's
Lime Juice here in the states. A while back however I ran across
something, somewhere, that appeared to indicate that the "cordial" was
sweeter than the "juice"... but I'd take that with a grain of salt.

But I never use Rose's Lime juice (or cordial) anyway (and rarely even
come close to recommending it), so for me anyway it's not an issue :->

The only cocktail recipe which should list Rose's Lime Juice as an
ingredient, is the Gimlet. And even then, I can make a far better one
with fresh lime juice and simple syrup.

The main think that ticks me off about the use of Rose's Lime Juice, is
when bartenders use it instead of fresh lime juice. They treat it as
the same thing, when it is nothing like it. If you are using it in a
recipe that truely needs Rose's, then that's fine. But be carefull,
I've seen a lot of recipes list Rose's, when the "real" recipe for that
drink doesn't. If your recipe for a Cosmopolitan lists Rose's, then
find a new recipe :->

-Robert