Dave W.

Default Pork "Sauerbraten"????

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:22:41 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> >> Trying to make sauerbraten from
> >> pork is going way too far out the way to accomodate this single
> >> person.

> >Bullshit, amigo. Sauerbraten can be made with pork anytime.

> It would *not* be sauerbraten. I can make a ribeye roast from pork as
> well.
>
> Just for giggles I looked for recipes for pork sauerbraten or
> saurbraten pork... nada.
>
> I'm all for a pork roast slow-cooked in sauerkraut, though.
>
> -sw

"The German Cookbook" (by Mimi Sheraton) says to follow her Marinated
Pot Roast recipe (Rheinischer Sauerbraten) using any boned and rolled
roasting cut of pork. She says red wine is often substituted for
vineger, ommiting pickling spices or cloves in the marinade. She calls
it Pork Sauerbraten. Maybe you could call it "Schweinesauerbraten?"
I don't know ... the only thing German about me is my name. But Victor
Sack knows, I bet.

Regards,
Dave W.

--
In the Ozarks. Dot edu will do for email.