Jack Schidt®

Default Pork "Sauerbraten"????

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:22:41 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> >> Trying to make sauerbraten from
> >> pork is going way too far out the way to accomodate this single
> >> person.

> >Bullshit, amigo. Sauerbraten can be made with pork anytime.

> It would *not* be sauerbraten. I can make a ribeye roast from pork as
> well.

haha, welcome to the variations in German cuisine. Every region has its own
version of sauerbraten. My dad has said beef was not always available, so
pork and even horse meat was used and it was still considered sauerbraten.
I myself have made it with venison, which is arguably closer to beef than
the other meats. Sauerbraten = 'sour roast'.

I know, stunning to see variation and German in the same sentence. We like
order und organization.

> Just for giggles I looked for recipes for pork sauerbraten or
> saurbraten pork... nada.
>
> I'm all for a pork roast slow-cooked in sauerkraut, though.

For me, it rarely gets better than that.

Jack Puercomaniac