Steve the Sauropodman

Default What is the best brand of cake pans ?

"Fred" > wrote in message >...
> "Angela" > wrote in message
> om...
> > What is the best brand of cake pans ? I am trying to find out what are
> > the best cake pans cost no consideration and what are the best cake
> > pans for the money. I have heard Magic Line by Parrish are a very well
> > known high quality pan. But also have heard that the Wilton Decorator
> > Preferred professional pans are supposed to be good (not to be
> > confused with the Wilton Performance pans). I read online "The May
> > 1999 Good Housekeeping Institute Report rates the WiltonŽ Professional
> > pan #1 out of 31 different 9 in. round pans."
> >
> > I saw on this website http://cooksdream.com/thestore/B.html that Magic
> > Line does not have perfectly straight sides and that Ultimate
> > Bakerware are supposed to be the best pans. It also goes on to say
> > "Recent research and studies have found that a heavy shiny aluminum
> > pan will bake faster, more evenly, and give consistent results. The
> > lower the gauge in metal the heavier the pan is." The Magic Line and
> > the Ultimate Bakerware are both 16 gauge. The Wilton pans are 18
> > gauge. But there is another brand I found online that wasn't even
> > mentioned on the website called American Metalcraft that is 14 gauge
> > and is supposed to be a "professional" pan.
> >
> > Help !!! What brands have you guys tried ? Which ones did you like and
> > not like ?

> Personally, I like either the Professional (gray "non stick") or Commercial
> series from Chicago Metallic. As a kicker you get a U.S. made product. My
> second choice would be Kaiser La Forme (German.) Any of these will withstand
> quite a lot of abuse in the kitchen. Cook's Illustrated agrees with me on
> the Chicago Metallic Professional series if you like their recommendations.
>
> Fred
> The Good Gourmet
> http://www.thegoodgourmet.com

I've been using commercial aluminum by Lincoln Weaver, which I buy
through the Next Day Gourmet, here in the Washington, DC area. They
have a website, obviously - nextdaygourmnet.com. I never have a
problem with the pan. I use Kaiser La Forme when I need a springform
pan.

Cheers