Richard Periut

Default Decorative Rosemary; edible?

Janet Bostwick wrote:
> "Richard Periut" > wrote in message

> They say the Dipel is the insecticide to use for problems, so I guess you
> can assume that your plant has been treated with that. And they say that
> although rosemary has been a culinary herb for centuries, consumption of any
> raw plant is not recommended? I'd say they are protecting their legal
> backsides. Rosemary that is fresh to the indoors is extremely aromatic, so
> I doubt that your rosemary has been treated in any way to increase its
> scent. However, rosemary can be extremely tricky to keep indoors over
> winter. It easily gets fungus that cause black spots on old growth and a
> furry white fungus on tender new growth. You've got to have the light, soil
> and watering conditions just right indoors. I succeeded with one plant for
> many years until it got so big I couldn't lift it into the tub to water it
> any longer. Since then I have not had success. Good luck.
> Janet

Thanks all for your comments.

When I meant "not edible" I meant not to be used for cooking because it
has possibly been treated with some chemical.

Well, I'm going to use it in a week to roast a chicken. I'll mince up
some rosemary and with some lemon zest, s&p, oregano and some thyme and
butter, and I'll stuff it under the skin.

I guess if you never hear from me again, you know what happened ; )

Richard

--
"..A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava
beans and a nice chianti..."

Hannibal "The Cannibal"

Silence Of The Lambs 1991