Sheryl Rosen

in article , Katra at
wrote on 11/27/04 9:35 AM:

> I stab the roast all over now and sliver garlic cloves and slip the
> slivers of garlic into the stabs. I then top with various herbs before
> roasting.
>
> That has eliminated the "musty" porky overtone, especially once the
> roast leftovers cool and get re-sliced for later serving.
>
> The garlic pretty well eliminates it. :-)
>
> Just my 2 cents!

I just bought a 3.5 lb half a pork shoulder (it says "picnic") @ 79 cents a
pound.

I knew I wanted to roast it, after marinading it in mojo (it's from a
bottle....Badia brand. A fine purveyor of Caribbean seasonings based in
Miami, available at my local supermarket), but I will do that garlic thing,
too.

Lots of garlic. Lots of black pepper.
The mojo...and let it sit overnight.
Then, I'll pat it dry and rub it all over with mexican oregano, rosemary,
chili powder mixed with a little bit of ground chipotle for kick.... and
roast that baby for....that's my question!

How long at 350 or 375 for a 3.5 lb pork shoulder, still on the bone?