Angela

Default What is the best brand of cake pans ?

(N. Thornton) wrote in message . com>...

> I think it all depends on whether youre going for non stick or using
> paper: if using paper, stove enamelled is hard to beat. But almost
> anything will work with paper lining.
>
> Thick ali will help spread the heat if your oven isnt heating evenly.
> I've not noticed that problem myself, but I dont do a great amount of
> baking. I've found non stick is a pretty poor substitute for paper.

I did not know that about aluminum spreading the heat if the oven
isn't heating evenly. That would be a selling point for aluminum for
me. I don't know if my oven doesn't heat evenly, but better safe than
sorry ! Plus, even if this oven does heat evenly, when we move the
next one may not. I assume this would keep me from having to turn the
cake pan in the middle of the baking time ?

I don't usually use paper when baking and haven't had a problem with
my cakes releasing. I just use crisco & flour now or a homemade "cake
release" - no paper. I am not opposed to paper, though, if necessary.
I don't *think* I need/want nonstick pans. I have heard that they
brown the outside of the cake more than regular pans. But I am
certainly open to everyone's opinions on this subject !

I did find something interesting - on the 2 websites I mentioned
above, they both have a page comparing their product to other
products. They are set up exactly the same which leads me to believe
that they have their product manufactured for them and privately
labelled to be sold as "ultimate bakeware" or "perfection bakeware".
I cannot find either of these products sold by any other stores on the
internet.
http://www.globalsugarart.com/catalo..._ page_1.html
http://cooksdream.com/Merchant2/merc...egory_Code =B