Angela

Default What is the best brand of cake pans ?

These pans will definately be used for baking. Great idea about
finding out what the bakeries use !

"Vox Humana" > wrote
> I have a combination of Wilton Performance and Magic Line cake pans. I have
> used them for years and have no complaints. My Magic Line pans appear to
> have perfectly straight sides. Unless you are planning to really bang these
> pans around, I don't see any need to get extremely heavy pans. All my pans
> eventually become dull but not dark. They bake evenly. A few years ago
> Cook's Illustrated reviewed cake pans. They concluded that All-Clad cake
> pans were the best. They had better luck with the cake releasing than with
> aluminum pans. I don't have problems with cakes sticking and therefore, I
> couldn't justify paying $80+ for a cake pan.

I hear you !!! $80 is definately out of my price range for a cake pan
as well. I guess that would go in the "cost no consideration"
category.

I have one Wilton Performance pan already and am not happy with it
because the sides aren't straight and so when I stack two cakes, they
do not line up correctly. I don't have any Wilton Decorator Preferred
pans. I hope I won't be banging these new pans around (unless it's
against DH's head. LOL), but I would like to start baking wedding
cakes on the side and consider these pans an investment.

What about the Perfection Bakeware ? Does anyone know anything about
these pans ? (<a href="http://www.globalsugarart.com/catalog/category_507_Cake_Pans__Molds_Perfection_Bakeware_ Layer_Cake_Pans__Rounds__page_1.html">http://www.globalsugarart.com/catalog/category_507_Cake_Pans__Molds_Perfection_Bakeware_ Layer_Cake_Pans__Rounds__page_1.html</a>)