Angela

Default What is the best brand of cake pans ?

What is the best brand of cake pans ? I am trying to find out what are
the best cake pans cost no consideration and what are the best cake
pans for the money. I have heard Magic Line by Parrish are a very well
known high quality pan. But also have heard that the Wilton Decorator
Preferred professional pans are supposed to be good (not to be
confused with the Wilton Performance pans). I read online "The May
1999 Good Housekeeping Institute Report rates the WiltonŽ Professional
pan #1 out of 31 different 9 in. round pans."

I saw on this website http://cooksdream.com/thestore/B.html that Magic
Line does not have perfectly straight sides and that Ultimate
Bakerware are supposed to be the best pans. It also goes on to say
"Recent research and studies have found that a heavy shiny aluminum
pan will bake faster, more evenly, and give consistent results. The
lower the gauge in metal the heavier the pan is." The Magic Line and
the Ultimate Bakerware are both 16 gauge. The Wilton pans are 18
gauge. But there is another brand I found online that wasn't even
mentioned on the website called American Metalcraft that is 14 gauge
and is supposed to be a "professional" pan.

Help !!! What brands have you guys tried ? Which ones did you like and
not like ?