Bigbazza

"Steve Lee" > wrote in message
>I know this sounds like an odd question and of course pork is supposed
> to smell like pork, but please bear with me on this one.
>
> Sometimes when I cook pork, I get that strong, what I can only
> describe it as being the "pork" smell. It's that smell from the
> cooked pork that's too strong to handle. Just the right amount and
> you know you're eating pork, but when it gets too strong, I can't
> handle it and it's another dinner ruined for me. Have any of you
> encoutered this before?
>

> I've tried different meat shops and markets, but I often encounter
> this problem in my dishes with pork and I'm wondering if there's
> something I'm doing wrong or not doing to avoid this.
>
> Do any of you have suggestions to reduce the possibility of a too
> strong porky smell in your pork dishes? Thanks for your time and
> courtesy.

Like Bob say's 'Refrigeration'....If you leave the pork longer than a day
or so..It will develop that 'smell' about it and you will notice it whilst
cooking it then!!...It's not necessarily 'off'...but develops a stronger
smell about it !!

If buying 'Pork' to use longer than a day...'Freeze ' it or put in a
marinade until the next day only....

Bigbazza