John R Weiss

"Niel" > wrote...
> New house (to us) with 18-year-old Jenn-Air coil surface elements that
> just don't get hot enough. Contacts seem good. Could it just need
> new coil surface elements or sockets or both? I'd rather not buy a
> whole new stove.
> Also, 18-year-old GE oven doesn't seem to heat up to the set
> temperature. Could it just need new heating elements or sockets or
> both, too?

Check the electric supply. Is the voltage at the stove correct? if not, you
may need to check into the house wiring.

Check the sockets. Is there any dirt, grease, or corrosion built up? Remove
each element and check.

Check the oven temp. Get an oven thermometer and check the accuracy of the
thermostat.